Vintage Blue Willow Transferware Jewelry

 

Blue willow china. Willow ware. Classic blue and white transferware with the lovebirds. You probably know this china pattern by one of these names. It has strong roots in history and has been so widely produced for so many years that it is instantly recognizable. 

The shade of blue varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, with some being a brighter or light blue, and others a deeper, darker navy blue or even indigo.

The contrast of the blue against the white is startlingly beautiful. It lends a bright pop of color to any kitchen or dining room--or even living room in my case--I display china in every room of my home in some form or another!

Below is a selection of Blue Willow china jewelry that I have made over the years--I hope you enjoy looking at them!

This oval shaped broken china jewelry necklace pendant in the Blue Willow china pattern shows the tree and pagoda portion of the plate. 

This Blue Willow china pendant is simple and lightweight.

I created this bib style statement necklace with antique shards of Blue Willow china on linen.
The lovebirds portion of the plate is sought after by china jewelry collectors. I transformed this piece into a lovely heart pendant.
Closeup of the Blue Willow china lovebirds heart pendant necklace.

I created this set of four Blue Willow china necklace pendants out of one section of a broken plate. The four pieces fit together to form a complete section of the edge of the plate. 

I accented this oval shaped Blue Willow necklace pendant with s small pearl and blue Swarovski crystal.

I created these Blue Willow necklace pendants  in the classic Japanese tradition of Kintsugi, where broken china is mended with gold and resin to accentuate the break, showing that broken can be beautiful; there is beauty to be found in the broken.

This tear-shaped Blue Willow china pendant is accented with a blue Swarovski crystal.

I made this beautiful Blue Willow statement necklace with the lovebirds section of the plate and I hand-beaded the entire chain with gemstone beads including Moonstone, Angelite, Quartz Crystal, Pearls, Opalite, and vintage Czech glass beads.

All jewelry pieces shown on this page were made by me and though some of them have already been sold, a few are available in my online shop and on my website. Thanks for visiting and be sure to stop by again to see what's new!  
  -Laura Beth Love

If you love vintage things, and repurposing and upcycling old items into unique, new creations, and creative gardening, then you will love my upcycling blog, Dishfunctional Designs blog



Visit me on the web at www.laurabethlove.com

Article and all images copyright  ©Laura Beth Love Dishfunctional Designs Broken China Jewelry 2021

Comments