Red Willow China: A Cheery Pop Of Color For Holidays And Every Day


Red Willow china, sometimes called Pink Willow china, is simply a color variation of the classic Blue Willow china pattern. 

I'm attracted to Red Willow for two reasons. First because red packs such a punch for home décor with it's bright pop of color, and second because it's just so great for so many holidays. 

Christmas, Valentine's Day and Independence Day are all great holidays to show off your Red Willow! (Combine Red Willow with Blue Willow for a classic 4th of July red white and blue theme.)

But don't just save your Willow Ware china for holidays or special occasions. I'm a firm believer that you should use your beautiful china every day and enjoy it all the time! 



Red Willow china looks amazing when transformed into jewelry!

For this necklace I combined three elements of style; white pearls to coordinate with the white in the plate, a piece of polished red coral, and blackened silver chain and wire. 




The black finish is an amazing contrast with both the red and the white in the plate. I hand-beaded each of the pearls and I just love how this necklace turned out.




What are the prettiest cookies to serve on Red Willow china? 

I'd have to say Jam Thumbprint or Cream Cheese with Maraschino cherry centers that my mother made for Christmas every year throughout my life. She called them Cherry Centers and they were always quick to disappear in our house! Nowadays I make them for my own daughters every year at Christmastime and always take a plate to Mom as well. 



Do you collect Red Willow china? I'd love to hear how you use and display it in your home so please leave a comment below and share your style! 

Happy Holidays! 
~ Laura


All jewelry shown was handmade by me and is available for sale in my Etsy shop, so be sure to stop by and see my newest creations.  - Laura Beth Love

If you love vintage things, and repurposing and upcycling old items into unique, new creations, and creative gardening, then you will love my upcycling blog, Dishfunctional Designs blog


Article and images copyright © Laura Beth Love 2021

Comments